Please check out my newsletter, which is fresh off the press, to learn how you can personalize your resume to be as effective as possible in today's competitive job market!
When sending an email in a professional setting, using the appropriate tone, structure, and language is essential. Below, I will outline 3 resources to help you become a pro-emailer. 1. The image above is a great example of using the correct formatting for a business-related email. The subject line is not vague, and it includes a proper salutation and send-off. The paragraph structure is succinct and has spaces for clarity. This simple formula can greatly elevate your emailing skills. 2. https://www.scienceofpeople.com/professional-email/ This article is my favorite resource I have come across so far! Its tips are highly detailed, down-to-earth, and there are great examples of what to do and what not to do. Tips #5 and #15 are my favorites. Check it out! 3. https://youtu.be/1XctnF7C74s?si=0glFgrkhpF8dEs5u This Youtube video created by Harvard Business Review discusses the "unspoken" rules of professional emailing along with tips to make emailing a more effici...
Another business skill added to my repertoire! Today I created my first presentation on Prezi, about creating and maintaining a professional standing. Please follow the link to check it out! https://prezi.com/view/TvusBYb9x7RI1jqYWYj1/
As my semester winds down, I would like to take an opportunity to catalog the tools I found most useful and reflect on how this course has had an impact on me. During this course, I became familiar with using sites like Indeed and LinkedIn for job-hunting purposes. Tools like Prezi and Blogspot unlocked a creative side of me and allowed to communicate professional information in a new way! Padlet is also one of my favorite communication tools in school because it allows for easy sharing of ideas and the ability to respond directly to peers. I have worked as a nanny for years now so I have been deprived of having to work in a professional environment and I have never dealt with direct management or oversight. I have also never had to deal with coworkers and I haven't had to collaborate with peers in quite some time. As graduation looms in the horizon, I must face the fact that in a few years, I will be working in a very structured environment and will have to adapt to those c...
Comments
Post a Comment